Xin chào tất cả các bạn! Ngày hôm nay Trung tâm Anh ngữ iGIS rất vui khi lại được chia sẻ cùng các bạn một số từ vựng được cho là rất hữu ích, đó là chủ đề: WORK trong luyện thi TOEIC. Thật thú vị phải không các bạn? Chúng ta hãy cùng nhau tìm hiểu và thu nạp thêm những từ này vào kho tàng từ vựng mà mình đang sở hữu nhé!
- Job security (n): If you have job security, your job is likely to be permanent.
- Wage (n): a fixed amount of money that is paid, usually every week, to an employee, especially one who does work that needs physical skills or strength, rather than a job needing a college education
- Salary (n): money that you receive as payment from the organization you work for, usually paid to you every month
- Pension /’penʃən/ (n): an amount of money paid regularly by the government or company to someone who does not work any more, for example because they have reached the age when people stop working or because they are ill
- Increment /’ɪnkrɪmənt/ (n): An increment in something or in the value of something is an amount by which it increases.
- Commission (n): an extra amount of money that is paid to a person or organization according to the value of the goods they have sold or the services they have provided
- Turnover (n): the amount of business done during a particular period
- Blue-collar (worker): describes people who do physical or unskilled work in a factory rather than office work <(người) lao động tay chân>
- White- collar (adj): relating to people who work in offices, doing work that needs mental rather than physical effort
- Sickness benefit (n): money paid by the government to someone who cannot work because of illness
- Medical/Health Insurance: when you make regular payments to an insurance company in exchange for that company paying most or all of your medical expenses
- sick building syndrome (n): an unhealthy atmosphere in a building which may cause illness in workers
- freelance (adj), (n): doing particular pieces of work for different organizations, rather than working all the time for a single organization
- workaholic (n): someone who chooses to work a lot, so that they do not have time to do anything else
- unskilled (adj): Unskilled people have no particular work skills, and unskilled work does not need any particular skills
- semi-skilled (adj): having or needing only a small amount of training <(thợ) bậc thấp>
Cao Hoa – iGIS